A Vietnam Visa QR Code is a system that enhances the efficiency and security of visa processing for travelers to Vietnam. It is a unique code that contains essential information related to the visa holder and their visit to Vietnam.
The QR code itself will be a black-and-white square pattern composed of small squares arranged in a grid. The specific pattern of squares will encode the visa holder’s information, such as their name, passport number, date of birth, and date of visa issuance.
When scanned by an authorized immigration official, the QR code will provide them with immediate access to the visa holder’s electronic visa record. This helps to streamline the immigration process and ensure that everyone entering Vietnam has the proper documentation.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about Vietnam visa QR codes:
- The QR code is located on the visa approval letter, which is a PDF document that you will receive via email after your visa application is approved.
- You can print the approval letter and keep it with your passport when you travel to Vietnam.
- You can also save the approval letter as a PDF on your phone or tablet so that you can easily access the QR code when needed.
As we’ve seen, Vietnam is advancing in enhancing the efficiency and security of visa processing with innovations like the visa QR Code, it’s also the perfect time to consider a smoother and more convenient way to secure your visa for Vietnam.
Visas for Future offers an advanced e-visa service that aligns perfectly with these modern enhancements. With our streamlined process, you can avoid the complexities of traditional visa systems.
Apply for your e-visa conveniently, from anywhere in the world, without requiring QR codes or manual verifications. Experience the future of visa applications with Visas for Future, ensuring a secure, hassle-free journey to Vietnam.
What We’re Offering?
We offer a Vietnam e-visa processing service. Vietnam e-visa is a mandatory electronic document for entry and exit. Vietnam e-visa allows travelers to enter Vietnam for tourism, business, or transit purposes without having to visit an embassy or consulate in person.1 Our e-visa processing service will give you your Vietnam e-visa in your mailbox within three days.
- 90 days duration.1
- $90.14 for multiple-entry.
- $84.14 fee for single-entry.
Why choose us
Our visa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
Where can you get the QR code for the Vietnam Visa?
Here’s a guide on obtaining your Vietnam Visa with QR code:
- Apply for an e-visa
- Visit Visas for Future
- Await approval
- Once your e-visa is approved, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Find the QR code in the approval email
- The email will contain:
- An electronic visa approval letter (PDF).
- The QR code is prominently displayed on the letter.
- The email will contain:
- Access the QR code
- Printed version: Print the approval letter to view the QR code physically.
- Digital version: Save the PDF on your phone or tablet to display the QR code digitally.
Optional: Download for offline access
- Save the QR code image to your device for access without the internet.
Benefits and Significance of Vietnam Visa QR Codes
The Vietnam Visa QR Code is a relatively new addition to the visa application and entry process, but it has quickly become a significant feature offering several benefits for both travelers and Vietnamese authorities. Here’s a closer look at its advantages and why it matters:
Benefits for Travelers
- Faster Processing: QR codes scan quickly, leading to shorter queues and quicker immigration clearance compared to manual document checks.
- Reduced Errors: Scanning eliminates potential inaccuracies from manual processing, ensuring smooth and efficient visa verification.
- Enhanced Security: Encrypted QR codes protect your visa information from fraud or tampering, minimizing risks associated with paper documents.
- Convenience: No need to carry additional paper documents or worry about potential damage or loss. Simply save the QR code on your phone or print the approval letter.
- Improved Data Management: The system allows Vietnamese authorities to efficiently store and analyze visa data, providing valuable insights into visitor trends and travel patterns.
Significance for Vietnamese Authorities:
- Streamlined Verification: QR codes allow for quick and accurate visa verification, improving the efficiency of immigration processes and resource allocation.
- Enhanced Security: Encrypted data minimizes the risk of fraudulent visas entering the system, contributing to stronger border security.
- Data-Driven Insights: The system provides valuable data on visitor demographics, travel patterns, and entry points, enabling informed decision-making for tourism development and infrastructure planning.
- Modernization and Innovation: Implementing QR codes showcases Vietnam’s commitment to technological advancement and modernization within the tourism and immigration sectors.
Overall, the Vietnam Visa QR Code represents a significant improvement in the travel experience for visitors and strengthens the efficiency and security of the visa issuance and entry process for Vietnam.
Beyond these direct benefits, the QR code system also contributes to a more positive travel experience for visitors by:
- Minimizing stress and frustration: Shorter queues and quicker processing lead to less waiting and anxiety at immigration checkpoints.
- Simplifying travel logistics: Eliminating the need for additional paperwork makes travel preparation and document management easier.
- Improving the overall perception of Vietnam: A modern and efficient entry process creates a positive first impression for travelers, potentially influencing future tourism decisions.
Therefore, the Vietnam Visa QR Code holds significant benefits for both travelers and the Vietnamese government, contributing to a smoother, more secure, and more enjoyable travel experience for all.
How do you use the QR code for your Vietnam Visa?
Here’s a guide on using your Vietnam Visa QR code for a smooth entry experience:
1. Before Arrival
- Access the QR code: Ensure you have either:
- The printed e-visa approval letter with the QR code visible.
- The QR code is saved digitally on your smartphone or tablet (accessible offline).
- Download for offline access (optional): Save the QR code image to your device if you’re concerned about internet access upon arrival.
2. Upon Arrival at Immigration
- Proceed to the immigration checkpoint: Join the queue designated for e-visa holders.
- Present your passport and QR code: Have your passport ready and either:
- Show the printed approval letter: Present the printed page with the QR code to the immigration officer.
- Display the digital QR code: If using your device, open the QR code image or PDF approval letter and hold it up for scanning.
- Allow scanning and verification: The officer will instantly scan the QR code using a designated device to retrieve and verify your visa details.
- Confirm your identity: Provide any additional information requested, such as your name, passport number, or nationality.
3. Entry Granted
- Receive your passport stamp: If everything is in order, the immigration officer will stamp your passport with the entry date and visa type, granting you entry into Vietnam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to print my Vietnam e-visa?
Yes, you need to print your Vietnam e-visa before traveling to Vietnam. Even though the application process is entirely online, a physical copy of your e-visa is mandatory for entry.
What documents do I need for a Vietnam e-visa?
1. Valid Passport:2
-Must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended arrival date in Vietnam.
-Have at least two blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
2. Recent Passport-sized Photo:3
-Taken within the past six months.
-40mm x 60mm (same as a passport photo).
-Color photo on a neutral background with full face visible.
-No glasses or headwear (unless for religious reasons).
Can I get a Vietnam visa at the airport?
You can get a visa on arrival for Vietnam at the airport, but you must apply for an approval letter online. The Vietnam Immigration Department issues the approval letter and allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period.4
- Vietnam, U. S. M. (2022, July 6). Vietnamese Visas and Entry/Exit. U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam. https://vn.usembassy.gov/vietnamese-visas-and-entry-exit/
- Vietnam, U. S. M. (2022, July 6). Vietnamese Visas and Entry/Exit. U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam. https://vn.usembassy.gov/vietnamese-visas-and-entry-exit/#:~:text=E%2Dvisas%20are%20issued%20with
- Vietnam E-visa Photo Requirements & Size – Updated Regulations in 2023. (n.d.). Vietnam Embassy in Norway. Retrieved December 2, 2023, from https://vietnamembassy-norway.org/visa-for-vietnam/e-visa/photo-requirements/
- Get a Vietnam Visa on Arrival at the Airport | Vietnam Visa. (2016, June 20). Vietnam Visa. https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Orcales, Wences. "Vietnam Visa QR Code." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/vietnam-visa-qr-code/. Accessed on 8 September 2023.
Orcales, Wences. "Vietnam Visa QR Code." Visas For Future. September 8, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/vietnam-visa-qr-code/.