Umrah is a voluntary pilgrimage that Muslims can perform at any time of the year. It is a way of expressing devotion, seeking forgiveness, and fulfilling religious duties. Umrah involves visiting the holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia and performing certain rituals around the Kaaba. This sacred cube-shaped building is the direction of prayer for Muslims.
To apply for the Umrah visa, you need to meet the following Umrah visa requirements:1
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining validity and two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- A completed Umrah visa application form.
- A recent color passport photo.
- Vaccination certificate for meningitis (and yellow fever if applicable).
- Proof of financial resources (for some nationalities)
- Proof of confirmed round-trip flight tickets and hotel reservations in Saudi Arabia.
- Additional documents based on your nationality and circumstances (e.g., mahram relationship proof for female pilgrims under 45)
The tourist visa, on the other hand, is designed for general tourism purposes. It offers greater flexibility and convenience compared to the Umrah visa, and we can facilitate the online application process for the tourist visa seamlessly and efficiently.
With Visas for Future, you can quickly get your tourist e-visa in a few simple steps:
- Provide your information.
- Pay the application fee.
- Fill out the intake form.
- Submit the required documents.
We are committed to providing guidance and support throughout the tourist e-visa application process and addressing any questions or concerns you may have while filling out our form.
What We’re Offering
If you’re an Australian citizen intending to travel to Saudi Arabia for Umrah, you may opt for a Saudi Arabia Tourist e-visa. Our visa processing service guarantees a quick process, providing you with your visa and mandatory health insurance within three days.
Why choose us
Our visa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
Umrah Visa Requirements for Australians
- Valid Passport
Legitimate Australian passport with at least six months of validity after the arrival in Saudi Arabia with at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- Completed Umrah Visa Application Form
Accurately fill out the application form, which can be downloaded online or obtained from the nearest Saudi consulate or embassy.
- Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos
Provide two photos against a white background, ensuring your face is visible and centered.
- Proof of Flight Bookings
Confirm round-trip flight reservations to and from Saudi Arabia.
- Proof of Accommodation
Furnish booking confirmations for your hotel or pre-arranged accommodation for the duration of your stay in Saudi Arabia.
- Vaccination Certificate for Meningitis
Present a valid certificate confirming receipt of a meningitis vaccination at least ten days before your travel.
Additional Documents (May be required depending on your nationality and circumstances)
- Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination: If you’re traveling from a country with a high risk of yellow fever, you’ll need a vaccination certificate.
- Proof of Relationship to Mahram (for female pilgrims): If you’re a female pilgrim under the age of 45 traveling without a male mahram (guardian), you’ll need to provide proof of your relationship to your mahram (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- Financial Documents: Some countries may require you to show proof of sufficient financial resources to cover your expenses during your Umrah pilgrimage. This could include bank statements or credit card statements.
- Travel Authorization: If you’re employed or enrolled in school, you may need a letter from your employer or school authorizing your travel to Umrah.
Umrah Visa vs. Tourist E-Visa
The Umrah visa is exclusively for Muslims undertaking the lesser pilgrimage, facilitating their participation in religious rituals. Conversely, the tourist visa is tailored for general tourism, offering a multiple-entry option valid for one year, with a maximum stay of 90 days per visit. The tourist visa provides increased flexibility and convenience compared to the Umrah visa.
Here is the list of differences between the two visas.
|For tourism purposes
|To perform the Umrah
|Number of Entries
|A passport with at least 6-month validity
Details of accommodation in Saudi Arabia
Health Insurance (to be purchased while ordering the e-visa)
Completed Umrah Visa Application Form
Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos
Proof of Flight Bookings
Proof of Accommodation
Vaccination Certificate for Meningitis
|Sightseeing, Shopping, Dining, Cultural Events, Family & relatives visits, Leisure, and Umrah
|Performing Umrah Pilgrimage
Eligible Countries for Umrah Visa
The Saudi Arabia Umrah visa is available to nationals of about 50 different nations:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a Saudi Umrah visa in Australia?
USD 160: Most nationalities
USD 200: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
USD 250: United Kingdom, European Union
Do Australians need a visa to visit Saudi Arabia?
Yes, Australians are required to obtain a visa to visit Saudi Arabia.
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (2024). Tourist Visa, Saudiembassy.net, Retrieved February 6, 2024, <https://www.saudiembassy.net/tourist-visa>
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Orcales, Wences. "Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa for Australians." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/umrah-visa-to-saudi-arabia-from-australia/. Accessed on 5 September 2023.
Orcales, Wences. "Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa for Australians." Visas For Future. September 5, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/umrah-visa-to-saudi-arabia-from-australia/.