Here’s the full rules for the St Kitts and Nevis passport photo:1
- Size: 45mm x 35mm (1.77″ x 1.38″)
- Format: Color photograph, high-quality paper (min. 600 dpi)
- Quantity: Four identical photos are needed.
- Background: Plain white, no shadows or patterns.
- Face & Expression:
- Full face view, head centered and upright
- Neutral expression, mouth closed, no smiling
- Eyes open and looking directly at the camera
- Glasses acceptable only for medical reasons
- Not allowed, except for religious or medical reasons (black headwear only, cannot obscure hairline)
- Neat and presentable, avoid sleeveless tops, tank tops, or revealing clothing
- Solid colors recommended, avoid busy patterns
- Minimal jewelry, avoid anything distracting
- Hair ties/clips should be plain and match hair color
Visas for Future Passport Photo Service
Use the Visas for Future passport photo service to get a passport photo that’ll work for your application. Simply take a photo of yourself using our guidelines, send it in and we’ll edit it. We’ll send you your passport photos by post with free shipping. We deliver to Canada, the EU, the US, and the UK. For individuals outside of those countries, we can deliver your passport photos to your inbox, which you can print at home. For every product sold, we plant a tree!
How it works
Take a photo.
We verify your photo.
Passport photos are delivered by post or email.
How to take your passport photo
Here’s how you can take passport photos at home to ensure that they’ll be high quality:
1.) Stand .5 meters or 2 feet from the wall. This ensures that there’s no shadow on your portrait.
2.) Place the camera 2 meters or 6 feet away from the subject. This will prevent distortion and give you a prettier picture!
3.) Have the camera on the same level as the subject’s face.
4.) Use plenty of lighting. Natural light is preferred but plenty of light in general is the best. Make sure it is even and doesn’t leave a shadow.
Benefits of using an online passport photo service
There are many choices when it comes to getting a passport photo, but here are reasons why you should go with an online agent:
- You don’t have to leave your house.
- We know the passport photo rules of the country you’re applying to.
- We validate your photo – we check your passport photo to make sure it is in order.
- Save money with bulk orders – you can order many passport photos and save.
Why choose us
Visas for Future is a convenient service that can help you with your passport photo needs. Here are six reasons why you should choose Visas for Future for your passport photo services:
- Expertise: Our experts ensure that your passport photo meets the official requirements of your destination country.
- Convenience: You can upload your own photo or take one with your smartphone, and we will crop, resize, and enhance it to create a perfect biometric photo.
- Support: We’re visa and passport photo experts. You can ask us travel questions, which will make your process easier.
- Speed: Your photos are shipped within a day!
- Unlimited retakes: You can also take as many photos as you want until you are satisfied with the result.
Additional specifications and protocols for St Kitts and Nevis passport photos
Photo Quality and Clarity:
- Ensure the photo is clear, sharp, and free of red-eye, glare, or shadows.
- Avoid using pixelated or blurry images.
- Ensure proper lighting with even illumination on your face.
- Both ears should be partially visible.
- Forehead should be uncovered.
- Facial expressions should be natural avoid frowning or squinting.
- Ensure the background is wrinkle-free and evenly lit.
- Avoid using digital backgrounds or editing the background color.
Positioning and Posture:
- Sit up straight with your shoulders relaxed and facing the camera directly.
- Avoid tilting your head or leaning to one side.
- Maintain a neutral expression with your eyes open and looking directly at the camera.
- If wearing religious headwear for medical or religious reasons, ensure it’s black and doesn’t obscure your facial features, including the hairline.
- Provide a signed statement explaining the reason for wearing headwear.
- One photo back needs to be signed by a recommender.
- The recommender should confirm your identity and write, “I certify that this is a true likeness of [your name].”
Guidelines and criteria for minors, children, and infants in St Kitts and Nevis
General Requirements (apply to all age groups):
- Two identical color photos, size 45mm x 35mm (1.77″ x 1.38″)
- Plain white background, no shadows or patterns
- Recent photo (within the last 6 months)
- High-quality paper (min. 600 dpi)
- No edits or manipulations
- One photo back needs to be endorsed by a recommender
Additional Notes for Specific Age Groups:
Infants (under 1 year old):
- Lay the infant on their back on a plain white sheet or blanket. Ensure their head is supported and their face is clearly visible.
- You can gently hold the infant’s head in position, but your hands should not be visible in the photo.
- It’s acceptable if the infant’s eyes are not entirely open.
Children (1-6 years old):
- Sit the child upright in a chair with a plain white sheet or blanket behind them.
- Gently encourage the child to look directly at the camera with a neutral expression.
- You can hold the child’s hands out of view if needed to keep them still.
- Avoid using toys or props to get the child’s attention, as these may distract from their face.
Children (7-16 years old):
- Similar requirements as adults, but ensure the child sits upright and maintains a neutral expression.
- Explain the importance of looking directly at the camera and keeping their face still.
- Allow the child to choose their clothing, as long as it meets the general guidelines (neat, presentable, no patterns or revealing clothing).
Additional Tips for All Age Groups:
- Take several photos to ensure you have at least two that meet all the requirements.
- Use good lighting to avoid shadows on the child’s face.
- Dress the child in clothes that contrast with the white background.
- Be patient and understanding, as taking photos of young children can be challenging.
How to get a passport photo for St Kitts and Nevis?
- Choose Visas for Future passport photo service to ensure a government-compliant passport photo.
- Fill out the order form by providing your name, email, phone number, and country of residence.
- Pay the application fee of $5.50 using as debit or credit card.
- Upload a clear and neutral expression photo.
- Recieve and download you photo in 24 hours.
Religious exemptions for St Kitts and Nevis Passport Photo
While St Kitts and Nevis generally require a full-face view for passport photos, religious exemptions are allowed in certain circumstances. However, it’s important to understand the specific requirements and procedures involved:
- You must be able to demonstrate a genuine religious belief that requires covering your head or face.
- The headwear must be black and not obscure your facial features, including your hairline.
- You may need to provide a signed statement explaining the reason for wearing headwear and your religious affiliation.
- Only plain, black headwear is permitted, such as hijabs, turbans, or yarmulkes.
- Headwear with patterns, logos, or embellishments is not allowed.
- Contact the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Unit or the Passport Office to inquire about the specific exemption process.
- You may be required to submit additional documentation supporting your religious claim.
- Approval for the exemption is not guaranteed, and the final decision rests with the authorities.
- Even with an approved religious exemption, your facial features must still be clearly visible in the photo.
- Ensure the headwear does not cast shadows on your face.
- Follow all other photo requirements, such as neutral expression, plain white background, and recent photo.
How do I print my St Kitts and Nevis passport photo?
1. Prepare your digital photo:
- Get your passport photo using the passport photo service here at Visas for Future to ensure it complies with the requirements set by the government.
2. Choose your printing method:
- Photo paper: Invest in high-quality matte photo paper specifically designed for inkjet or laser printers.
3. Print the photos:
- Use your home printer with appropriate ink cartridges or toner.
- Set the printer settings to high quality and ensure the paper size matches your photo size (e.g., 4×6 inches).
- Print a test page first to confirm the size and color accuracy before printing the final photos.
- Print two identical copies of the photo.
4. Check and trim:
- Carefully examine the printed photos for any imperfections, smudges, or color issues.
- Use a paper cutter or ruler and sharp scissors to trim the photos to the exact 45mm x 35mm size, following the template marks if used.
- Avoid leaving any white borders or fingerprints on the photos.
Sample of Correct and Incorrect Passport photos
Source: Ross University School or Veterinary Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I wear a shirt in my passport photo?
Yes, wearing a shirt is generally recommended for your St. Kitts and Nevis passport photo.
Is St Kitts a strong passport?
Yes, the St. Kitts and Nevis passport is considered strong, ranking 21st globally according to the Passport Index.
What Color should I wear for my passport photo?
For a clear and accepted passport photo, opt for a solid-colored top in a darker shade like navy blue, black, or grey. This contrasts well with the white background, ensuring your face remains the focus. Avoid white, patterns, or anything too revealing to comply with guidelines and maintain professionalism.
Can I tie my hair for a passport photo?
Yes, you can definitely tie your hair for your passport photo as long as it meets these key requirements:
1. Full face visibility: Ensure your entire face is unobstructed by loose strands or hair accessories. Tying hair back neatly in a bun or ponytail behind your head usually works well.
2. No visible accessories: Stick to plain hair ties or clips that blend in with your hair color to avoid distracting elements in the photo.
3. Professional look: Aim for a neat and tidy hairstyle that complements your overall appearance. While braids and other styles are acceptable, avoid anything overly elaborate or distracting.
- St. Kitts Nevis Government. (n.d.). Passports. St.Kitts & Nevis High Commission London. Retrieved February 24, 2024, from <https://www.stkittsnevishcuk.gov.kn/passports/>
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Santos, Rosalie. "St Kitts and Nevis Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/st-kitts-and-nevis-passport-photo-size/. Accessed on 20 September 2023.
Santos, Rosalie. "St Kitts and Nevis Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future. September 20, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/st-kitts-and-nevis-passport-photo-size/.