To apply for the Umrah visa, you need to meet the following Umrah Visa Requirements:1
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining validity and two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- A completed Umrah visa application form.
- A recent color passport photo.
- Vaccination certificate for meningitis (and yellow fever if applicable).
- Proof of financial resources (for some nationalities)
- Proof of confirmed round-trip flight tickets and hotel reservations in Saudi Arabia.
- Additional documents based on your nationality and circumstances (e.g., mahram relationship proof for female pilgrims under 45)
If you’re planning to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia, Visas for Future recommends applying for a Tourist e-visa instead of an Umrah visa due to several advantages.
A Saudi Tourist visa offers several advantages over a dedicated Umrah visa for your pilgrimage:
- Greater Flexibility: While the Umrah visa restricts you to pilgrimage rituals and limited movement, a Tourist visa allows you to explore Saudi Arabia more broadly, visiting scenic landmarks, attending events, and engaging in leisure activities alongside your Umrah.
- Multiple Entries: Many Tourist visas are multiple-entry within a year, letting you perform multiple Umrahs or return for future trips without reapplying. Umrah visas are typically single-entry and valid for one performance.
- Longer Stay: Tourist visas often offer longer stays (up to 90 days) than Umrah visas (90 days with one Umrah or 30 days per Umrah in multiple-entry versions). This gives you more time to explore the country and enjoy a fulfilling experience.
- Wider Age Range for Female Pilgrims: While Umrah visas have specific age restrictions for female pilgrims without a male mahram, Tourist visas do not, granting them greater independence and travel options.
The Saudi Arabia tourist e-visa is the quickest and most efficient way to enter Saudi Arabia to perform the Umrah pilgrimage. To apply, visit Visas for Future, fill out the online form, pay the fee, answer the intake questions directly, and receive your Saudi Arabia e-visa just three days after submitting your application.
What We’re Offering
If you want to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah, you can opt to apply for a Saudi Arabia tourist e-visa. Our e-visa processing service will give you your Saudi Arabia Tourist e-visa and mandatory health insurance in your mailbox within three days.
Why choose us
Our visa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
Documents needed for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
- Valid Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date you enter Saudi Arabia. Ensure it has at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- Completed Umrah Visa Application Form: You can download the form online or obtain it from your nearest Saudi consulate or embassy. Fill it out accurately and completely.
- Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos: The photos should be against a white background, with your face visible and centered.
- Proof of Flight Bookings: Confirm your round-trip flight reservations to and from Saudi Arabia.
- Proof of Accommodation: Booking confirmations for your hotel or other pre-arranged accommodation throughout your stay in Saudi Arabia are required.
- Vaccination Certificate for Meningitis: You must have a valid certificate showing you received a meningitis vaccination at least ten days before travel.
Additional Documents (May be required depending on your nationality and circumstances)
- Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination: If you’re traveling from a country with a high risk of yellow fever, you’ll need a vaccination certificate.
- Proof of Relationship to Mahram (for female pilgrims): If you’re a female pilgrim under the age of 45 traveling without a male mahram (guardian), you’ll need to provide proof of your relationship to your mahram (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- Financial Documents: Some countries may require you to show proof of sufficient financial resources to cover your expenses during your Umrah pilgrimage. This could include bank statements or credit card statements.
- Travel Authorization: If you’re employed or enrolled in school, you may need a letter from your employer or school authorizing your travel to Umrah.
Importance of knowing the requirements for Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
Knowing the requirements for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa is crucial for several reasons, and understanding this can ensure a smooth and stress-free pilgrimage experience:
1. Guarantee Entry: Obtaining the correct visa is mandatory for non-Saudi citizens to enter Saudi Arabia for Umrah. Without a valid visa, you will be denied entry at the border, causing disappointment and potentially jeopardizing your travel plans.
2. Avoid Delays and Complications: Incomplete or incorrect documentation can lead to delays and processing hiccups, potentially impacting your travel itinerary and causing unnecessary frustration. Knowing the requirements ensures you submit everything needed from the outset.
3. Peace of Mind and Confidence: Being well-informed about the visa process grants you peace of mind and confidence throughout the application journey. You can approach the steps with clarity and avoid anxiety associated with uncertainties.
4. Compliance with Regulations: Saudi Arabia has specific regulations for Umrah pilgrims, and adhering to these is essential for a respectful and fulfilling experience. Knowing the visa requirements often coincides with understanding these regulations, ensuring a compliant and hassle-free pilgrimage.
5. Maximize Preparation Time: Familiarizing yourself with the requirements allows you to gather the necessary documents well in advance. This avoids last-minute scrambling and ensures you have ample time to obtain any missing documents or address any unforeseen issues.
By prioritizing knowledge of the visa requirements, you can embark on your Umrah journey with confidence, preparation, and a focus on the spiritual significance of the pilgrimage. Let the details be handled smoothly, and allow your heart and mind to embrace the blessed experience that awaits fully.
Tips and things to be aware of when preparing for a Saudi Arabia Umrah visa
Here are some invaluable tips and things to be aware of while preparing for your Saudi Arabia Umrah visa:
- Start early: Gather all required documents well in advance, well before the two-week minimum suggested, to avoid stress and last-minute scrambling.
- Double-check specifics: Ensure every document meets the required specifications (size, format, validity, etc.) outlined by the official sources.
- Proofread rigorously: Proofread your application form meticulously for any errors or inconsistencies before submitting it.
- Organize diligently: Maintain a well-organized file system for all your documents, making it easier to manage and retrieve them throughout the process.
- Book early: Secure flight and accommodation bookings well in advance, especially during peak seasons like Ramadan or Haj, to avoid inflated prices and limited availability.
- Confirm details: Double-check your flight and accommodation reservations to ensure all details, including dates, names, and confirmation numbers, are accurate.
- Travel insurance: Consider purchasing travel insurance that covers potential complications like trip cancellation, medical emergencies, or lost luggage for greater peace of mind.
- Proof of funds: Be prepared to provide proof of sufficient financial resources to cover your expenses during the pilgrimage, as some countries require it.
- Currency exchange: Research currency exchange options and rates to get the best deals when converting your currency into Saudi Riyals.
- Budgeting: Create a realistic budget for your trip, including expenses like transportation, meals, and any additional activities you plan to do.
Health and Safety
- Vaccinations: Ensure you have received all required vaccinations, including meningitis and yellow fever (if applicable), at least ten days before travel.
- Travel health kit: Pack a travel health kit containing essential medications, over-the-counter remedies, and any personal prescriptions you may require.
- Travel advisories: Stay updated on any travel advisories or warnings issued by your government or official Saudi Arabian sources for your safety and awareness.
- Dress code: Respect the local dress code and pack appropriate clothing that covers your body modestly, particularly for women who must wear abayas and headscarves in public.
- Etiquette: Familiarize yourself with basic cultural norms and etiquette to avoid unintentional disrespect or misunderstandings during your stay.
- Language basics: Learning a few essential Arabic phrases can be helpful for basic communication and interactions with locals.
- Download helpful apps: Consider downloading apps like Google Translate or offline navigation apps to assist you during your journey.
- Portable Wi-Fi: If necessary, arrange for portable Wi-Fi to stay connected and access information or communication tools throughout your pilgrimage.
- Maintain copies: Make copies of all your important documents, including your passport, visa, and flight confirmations, for safekeeping in emergencies.
Following these tips and staying informed can significantly increase your chances of a smooth and successful Saudi Arabia Umrah visa application and pilgrimage experience. Preparation is key, so prioritize planning and gathering information from reliable sources. May your journey be blessed and fulfilling!
What Is The Difference Between A Saudi Umrah Visa And A Tourist Visa?
- Umrah Visa: Exclusively for performing the Umrah pilgrimage. You cannot engage in other activities like sightseeing or leisure during your stay.
- Tourist Visa: Permits various activities, including tourism, business visits, family visits, and leisure activities. Umrah is allowed on a tourist visa.
- Umrah Visa: Typically single-entry and valid for 90 days with one permitted Umrah within that period. Some multiple-entry Umrah visas exist for specific cases.
- Tourist Visa: This can be single-entry, multiple-entry, or long-term residency, depending on the type obtained.5
- Permitted Activities
- Umrah Visa: Only allows participation in Umrah rituals and travel between approved pilgrimage locations (Makkah and Madinah). Limited movement outside these areas.
- Tourist Visa: Enables broader exploration of Saudi Arabia, including visiting tourist attractions, engaging in recreational activities, and attending events. Umrah is permitted within the visa validity period.5
- Application Process
- Umrah Visa: Often has a dedicated online application portal or specific requirements at Saudi consulates, focusing on pilgrimage details.
- Tourist Visa: Available online, presenting wider categories and purposes for visiting.
- Additional Considerations
- Restrictions: Certain age-based restrictions apply to female Umrah pilgrims without a male mahram, which may not be relevant for tourist visas.
- Accommodation: Umrah visas may have specific pre-booked accommodation requirements for pilgrimage locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the Umrah visa fee?
Visa application fee: $380 – $490 (plus potential service fees from your country)
Mandatory Umrah travel package: $800 – $1200
Total cost: approximately $1,180 – $1,690
How long does it take to get a Saudi Umrah visa?
Processing times for Saudi Umrah visas vary depending on the type you apply for and your country of residence:
Online Umrah e-Visa: 24 hours for eligible nationalities.
Regular Umrah visa: 5-10 business days in normal circumstances.
- Tourist Visa | The Embassy of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (2023). Www.saudiembassy.net. https://www.saudiembassy.net/tourist-visa
- Saudi eVisa | The Official website for Tourist Visa to Saudi Arabia. (2023). Visa.visitsaudi.com; Ministry of Tourism of Saudi Arabia .<https://visa.visitsaudi.com/>
- Saudi eVisa | The Official website for Tourist Visa to Saudi Arabia. (2023). Visa.visitsaudi.com; Ministry of Tourism of Saudi Arabia. <https://visa.visitsaudi.com/>
- Tourist Visa | The Embassy of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (2023). Www.saudiembassy.net. <https://www.saudiembassy.net/tourist-visa>
- Saudi eVisa | The Official website for Tourist Visa to Saudi Arabia. (2023). Visa.visitsaudi.com; Ministry of Tourism of Saudi Arabia . https://visa.visitsaudi.com/
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Orcales, Wences. "Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa Requirement." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-umrah-visa-requirements/. Accessed on 4 September 2023.
Orcales, Wences. "Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa Requirement." Visas For Future. September 4, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-umrah-visa-requirements/.