The Saudi Arabian authorities have not specified an official age limit for obtaining an Umrah visa. However, specific regulations and guidelines apply to different age groups, particularly minors.
Minors Under 18:
- Accompaniment by Mahram: To ensure the safety and well-being of minors during the Umrah pilgrimage, individuals under 18 years of age are required to be accompanied by a male guardian or “mahram,” who must be related to them either by blood or marriage.
Women Over 45:
- Travel with a Mahram or Tour Group: Women over 45 are not required to be accompanied by a mahram if they are traveling with an organized Umrah tour group. This flexibility allows women to participate in the pilgrimage without compromising their safety and comfort.
Exceptions to Age Restrictions:
In exceptional cases, exceptions to age restrictions may be granted for minors under the age of 18 who are traveling for medical reasons or to attend family events in Saudi Arabia. However, such exceptions typically require prior approval from the Saudi Arabian authorities.
Recommended Age for Umrah Pilgrimage:
While there are no formal age restrictions, individuals are generally recommended to be physically and mentally fit to undertake the Umrah pilgrimage. The rituals of Umrah involve walking, standing, and climbing stairs, which may pose challenges for individuals with certain health conditions or mobility limitations.
With our help, you can easily and quickly apply for your e-visa online. We will guide you through the steps of correctly filling out the online form, uploading your required documents in the right format and size, paying your visa fee securely, and receiving your e-visa by email. We will also provide you with customer support and troubleshooting if you encounter any issues or questions during the e-visa application process. For more helpful insights, inquiries, and concerns visit us at Visas for Future.
What We’re Offering
To travel to Saudi Arabia, obtaining a Saudi Arabia e-visa is mandatory. It is an electronic document that is required for both entry and exit. With our e-visa processing service, you can receive your Saudi Arabia e-visa in your email within 24 hours.
- Air and seaport travelers to and from Saudi Arabia, including residents, need e-visa.
- One (1) e-visa for one (1) person for every multiple entry.
- The price is $214.82 (covers both the Government fee and compulsory health insurance)
- The processing time is three (3) days (unless we need to wait for additional information from the client)
- The validity of every e-visa is one year.
- We plant a tree for every product sold.
Why choose us
Our visa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
Documents Needed for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
- Valid for at least six months from the entry date into Saudi Arabia
- At least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer
Umrah Visa Application:
- Completed Umrah visa application form
- Two recent passport-sized color photographs
- White background
Round-Trip Airline Ticket:
- Confirmed round-trip airline ticket
Types of Umrah Visa
There are two main types of Umrah visas:
- Umrah visa on arrival: This visa is obtained upon entering Saudi Arabia at designated ports of entry Upon arrival, you can obtain a multiple-entry Umrah visa that is valid for one year and permits stays of up to 90 days.
- Umrah visa obtained through Package: Make your Umrah journey smooth and worry-free with a handy Umrah visa package. These packages, available from travel experts, take care of your visa application and often include extras like hotels, travel, and guided tours so you can focus on your pilgrimage.
- Tourist visa/e-Visa: The Saudi Arabia Tourist visa/e-Visa is an electronic visa that allows tourists to enter Saudi Arabia for leisure, visit family and relatives, attend events, and perform Umrah (excluding Hajj). It is a one-year, multiple-entry visa that allows tourists to spend up to 90 days in the country.
Validity of Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
An Umrah visa obtained upon entry into Saudi Arabia is a multiple-entry visa that remains valid for one year from the date of issuance and permits stays of up to 90 days per visit.
Eligibility for Umrah Visa
To be eligible for an Umrah visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Muslim: You must be a follower of Islam to perform the Umrah pilgrimage.
- Have a valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from entry into Saudi Arabia.
- Possess sufficient financial means: You must be able to afford the costs of your Umrah journey, including transportation, accommodation, and sustenance.
- Pass medical requirements: You must meet any medical requirements the Saudi Arabian authorities set.
How to apply for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa:
Step 1: Check Eligibility
Before applying for an Umrah visa, ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, including being a Muslim, having a valid passport, and possessing sufficient financial means for the trip.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
- Collect the necessary documents, including a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity.
- A completed Umrah visa application form.
- Two recent passport-sized color photographs with a white background.
- A confirmed round-trip airline ticket.
- A valid vaccination certificate against meningitis (if applicable).
Step 3: Choose the Application Method
Decide whether to apply for the Umrah visa online through the Saudi Arabian e-Visa portal or in person at a Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate.
Step 4: Online Application
If applying online:
- Visit the Saudi Arabian e-Visa portal.
- Create an account and provide your personal information.
- Select the Umrah visa option.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Receive an email notification with a link to download your e-Visa.
Step 5: In-Person Application
If applying in person:
- Schedule an appointment at the nearest Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate.
- Visit the embassy or consulate during consular hours.
- Submit the completed visa application form and required documents.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Receive a visa receipt and instructions on visa processing time.
Step 6: Await Visa Decision:
Allow sufficient time for the visa processing, typically 2-4 weeks. Once approved, you will receive your visa electronically or at the embassy or consulate.
How to Apply for Saudi Arabia E-Visa
The Saudi Arabia visa application process is straightforward and can be completed online. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit our website, Visas for Future.
- Choose Saudi Arabia e-visa and click “Get Saudi Arabia e-visa Now”.
- Sign in to your account by providing your personal information and email address.
- Make payment using a credit card or debit card.
- Answer the intake form correctly.
- Upload documents needed, such as:
- Recent passport-sized photograph.
- Review your forms and make sure to fill out them correctly and completely.
- Submit your application form and await a response via email.
Processing time for a Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa
While the Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa is typically processed and issued within 1-5 days of application submission, there are instances of longer processing times, particularly for self-processed applications. To ensure timely visa issuance and avoid any delays, it is advisable to apply at least two weeks before your planned departure date.
Who are eligible for Umrah?
To perform Umrah, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Adherence to Islam: You must be a Muslim, as Umrah is one of the five pillars of Islam.
Mental Capacity: You must be mentally capable of understanding and performing the rituals of Umrah.
Financial Means: You must have sufficient financial means to cover the expenses of your Umrah journey, including transportation, accommodation, and sustenance.
Valid Passport: You must possess a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity from the date of entry into Saudi Arabia.
Umrah Visa: You must obtain a valid Umrah visa from the Saudi Arabian authorities.
Physical Fitness: You must be physically fit to perform the rituals of Umrah, which involve walking, standing, and climbing stairs.
Accompaniment for Minors: Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a mahram, a male relative who is legally responsible for them.
Compliance with Local Laws: You must adhere to all local laws and regulations throughout your stay in Saudi Arabia.
Respect for Customs and Traditions: You must respect local customs and traditions, including dress codes and behaviors.
Completion of Hajj (if applicable): If you have previously performed Hajj, you are eligible for Umrah. However, if you have not yet performed Hajj, you must complete Hajj before undertaking Umrah.
Age Restrictions: The minimum age to apply for an Umrah visa is 12 years old. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a mahram, a male relative who is legally responsible for them.
Exceptions to Age Restrictions: In certain cases, exceptions to age restrictions may be granted. For instance, individuals under the age of 18 may be permitted to travel unaccompanied for medical reasons or to attend family events in Saudi Arabia. However, such exceptions typically require prior approval from the Saudi Arabian authorities.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can Umrah Visa be Extended?
Saudi Arabia’s Umrah Visa is generally not extendable, requiring you to depart the country by the designated expiry date on your visa. With a validity of up to 90 days, the visa provides ample time to complete your Umrah pilgrimage.
Can old people do Umrah?
Adult Muslims of all ages are permitted to perform Umrah, and there is no limit to the number of times they can do so throughout their lives. However, for women under the age of 45, it is mandatory to be accompanied by a mahram, a male relative older than 17. Women over the age of 45 can travel on organized Umrah tours without the need for a mahram.
What is the Umrah age limit for the year 2023?
Children five years of age and older are eligible to apply for an official entry permit to perform Umrah. However, their parents or guardians must accompany them throughout the pilgrimage.
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Santos, Byron. "Age Requirements for Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-arabia-umrah-visa-age-limit/. Accessed on 28 August 2023.
Santos, Byron. "Age Requirements for Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa." Visas For Future. August 28, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-arabia-umrah-visa-age-limit/.