Differences between the Saudi Arabia Transit Visa for Umrah and the Saudi Arabia Tourist eVisa:
|Transit Visa||Tourist eVisa|
|The Transit Visa for Umrah is for people who are in transit through Saudi Arabia while en route to perform the Umrah pilgrimage.||The Tourist eVisa is for people who want to visit Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes.|
|The Transit Visa for Umrah is only available to people who have an Umrah visa.||The Tourist eVisa is available to people from most countries.|
|The Transit Visa for Umrah is processed through the official Saudi eVisa portal.||The Tourist eVisa is also processed through Visa for Future website.|
|The Transit Visa for Umrah is valid for a shorter time, typically up to 96 hours.||The Tourist eVisa is valid for up to 90 days.|
|The Transit Visa for Umrah only allows people to engage in religious activities related to Umrah.||The Tourist eVisa allows people to engage in a wider range of activities, including leisure and sightseeing.|
Experience the ultimate convenience in obtaining your tourist eVisa with Visas for Future. Say goodbye to the hassle and stress of visa applications and say hello to a seamless and hassle-free process. Trust us to make your travel dreams a reality. Visit our user-friendly website, complete the application form, and let us handle the rest. We’ll process your application promptly, ensuring you receive your eVisa within three (3) business days.
What We’re Offering
Our eVisa processing service will give you your Saudi Arabia Tourist eVisa and mandatory health insurance in your mailbox within three (3) days. We offer 90-day duration, multiple entry Saudi Arabia Tourist eVisa.
- It is Multiple entry.
- The price is $214.8, including the government fee and the mandatory health insurance.
- Form validation included.
- We plant a tree for every visa sold.
Why choose us
Our eVisa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
What is a Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia?
A Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia is a temporary visa that allows Muslim travelers to enter Saudi Arabia for a limited period to perform the Umrah pilgrimage. Umrah is a minor pilgrimage to Mecca that can be undertaken at any time of the year, unlike the Hajj, which is specific to a particular week in the Islamic calendar
Eligibility Criteria for Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia
- Be a Muslim
- Have a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity
- Have a confirmed onward flight ticket departing from Saudi Arabia within the visa’s validity period
- Have a valid Umrah permit obtained through the Nusuk platform
Requirements for Applying for a Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia.
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining valid from entry into Saudi Arabia.
- Ensure your passport has at least two blank pages for visas.
- A confirmed onward flight ticket departing from Saudi Arabia within the visa’s validity period. The onward flight ticket should be booked for 96 hours after the visa’s issuance date.
- A valid Umrah permit was obtained through the Nusuk platform.
- A digital passport-sized photograph (white background, dimensions 35mm x 45mm, file size between 4KB and 200KB, accepted formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG).
- A copy of your return ticket.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Saudi Arabia.
- A copy of your travel insurance (covering medical expenses and repatriation).
- A copy of your hotel reservation.
Streamlined Application Process: Obtaining the Transit Visa
Step 1: Gather Required Documents
Step 2: Initiate Online Application
- Visit the e-Visa portal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia.
- Create an account if you’re a new user; if you have an existing account, sign in.
- Select “Transit Visa” from the available visa types.
- Carefully fill out the application form, providing accurate and complete information.
- Attach the necessary documents: passport, onward travel ticket, Umrah permit, photograph, travel insurance, and hotel reservation.
- Settle the visa fee of SAR 300 (approximately USD 80) using a valid credit or debit card.
- Review your application thoroughly and submit it for processing.
Step 3: Track Application Status
- Monitor your email for updates on your application status. You’ll receive an email notification once your application is approved or rejected.
- You can also check your application status online through the eVisa portal.
Step 4: Receive Visa Approval
- Upon approval, you’ll receive an email notification with your visa details and a printable visa copy.
- Print the visa copy and keep it accessible for your travel.
Maximizing Your Stay: Permitted Activities Under the Transit Visa
- Performing Umrah: The primary purpose of the Transit Visa is to facilitate the Umrah pilgrimage. Holders of this visa can perform the Umrah rituals at the holy sites in Mecca without requiring a separate Umrah visa.
- Visiting Holy Sites: Besides Mecca, the Transit Visa allows visitors to explore other holy sites in Saudi Arabia, including the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina.
- Engaging in Tourism: Transit Visa holders can embark on sightseeing tours and explore various tourist attractions across the country, immersing themselves in Saudi Arabia’s rich cultural heritage and natural wonders.
- Attending Events: The visa permits attendance at cultural events, conferences, and business meetings, providing opportunities for networking and cultural exchange.
- Shopping and Dining: Travelers can enjoy shopping at local markets and savoring authentic Saudi Arabian cuisine at restaurants and cafes.
- Short-Term Business Visits: The Transit Visa can facilitate short-term business meetings, allowing business travelers to explore potential partnerships and opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
- En route Layovers: For travelers with connecting flights through Saudi Arabia, the Transit Visa allows them to utilize their layover time to explore the country’s attractions.
- Transit Between Countries: The visa is a convenient option for travelers transiting through Saudi Arabia to other destinations, allowing them to experience the Kingdom’s hospitality and attractions during their layover.
How much is the Saudi Arabia Transit Visa Fee?
A Saudi Arabia Transit Visa fee is SAR 300 (approximately USD 80). This fee is non-refundable and must be paid at the time of application. Please note that the prices listed above are subject to change.
Frequently Ask Question
Can you enter Saudi Arabia on a one-way ticket?
No, you cannot enter Saudi Arabia on a one-way ticket unless you are a citizen of a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) country or a business traveler with a valid business visa.
How many times can I enter Saudi on a tourist visa?
You can enter Saudi Arabia multiple times on a Tourist Visa, valid for up to one year, and allows a maximum stay of 90 days per visit.
How can I get a Saudi visa with a ticket?
If you wish to obtain a Saudi ticket visa package that allows you to enter Saudi Arabia for 96 hours and perform Hajj, Umrah, or tourism activities, you need to follow these steps:
1. Book a flight ticket with either Saudia or Flynas Airlines, as they are the only two airlines that offer this service.
2. Apply for a stopover visa from the additional services page on the Saudia or Flynas website. You must upload your personal photo and pay the visa fees online.
3. Receive your electronic stopover visa and insurance by email. The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows you to stay in Saudi Arabia for up to 96 hours.
4. Download and register on the Tawakkalna and Etmarna apps on your phone. These apps are mandatory for entering Saudi Arabia and getting your prayer permits.
5. Apply for a one-day free stay package from the Saudia Holidays website. You can choose from a variety of hotels and activities in different cities. The package must be booked at least 48 hours before your departure time.
6. Present your boarding pass, visa, and insurance at the hotel reception to enjoy your free accommodation. You can also use the Etmarna app to book your prayer slots at the holy sites.
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Dagdagan, Mary Grace. "Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia (Definition, Eligibility, Requirements, Application, Restrictions, Fee) ." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-arabia-transit-visa-for-umrah/. Accessed on 1 September 2023.
Dagdagan, Mary Grace. "Transit Visa for Umrah in Saudi Arabia (Definition, Eligibility, Requirements, Application, Restrictions, Fee) ." Visas For Future. September 1, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/saudi-arabia-transit-visa-for-umrah/.