Here are the specifications for Morocco passport renewal photo size:1
Size and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 35mm wide x 45mm high (3.5cm x 4.5cm).
- Head size: Between 35mm and 36.75mm from chin to crown (occupying roughly 70% of the photo).
- Color: Plain white or light grey, uniform and free of patterns, shadows, or unevenness.
- Avoid: Distracting elements like furniture, walls, or decorations.
Facial Expression and Presentation
- Expression: Neutral, with mouth closed and lips together. No smiling, frowning, or squinting allowed.
- Eyes: Open and looking directly at the camera.
- Headwear: Not permitted unless for religious purposes. The head should be uncovered and tilted slightly forward.
- Glasses: Allowed only if they don’t create glare on the lenses and don’t obscure your eyes.
- Clothing: Plain and non-reflective, contrasting the background color. Avoid white and large logos/slogans.
- Format: Recent color photograph (printed on high-quality photo paper).
- Resolution: Minimum of 600 dpi for a clear and sharp image.
- Recency: The photo must be less than six (6) months old at the time of application.
Visas for Future Passport Photo Service
Use the Visas for Future passport photo service to get a passport photo that’ll work for your application. Simply take a photo of yourself using our guidelines, send it in and we’ll edit it. We’ll send you your passport photos by post with free shipping. We deliver to Canada, the EU, the US, and the UK. For individuals outside of those countries, we can deliver your passport photos to your inbox, which you can print at home. For every product sold, we plant a tree!
How it works
Take a photo.
We verify your photo.
Passport photos are delivered by post or email.
How to take your passport photo
Here’s how you can take passport photos at home to ensure that they’ll be high quality:
1.) Stand .5 meters or 2 feet from the wall. This ensures that there’s no shadow on your portrait.
2.) Place the camera 2 meters or 6 feet away from the subject. This will prevent distortion and give you a prettier picture!
3.) Have the camera on the same level as the subject’s face.
4.) Use plenty of lighting. Natural light is preferred but plenty of light in general is the best. Make sure it is even and doesn’t leave a shadow.
Benefits of using an online passport photo service
There are many choices when it comes to getting a passport photo but here are reasons why you should go with an online agent:
- You don’t have to leave your house.
- We know the passport photo rules of the country you’re applying to.
- We validate your photo – we check your passport photo to make sure it is in order.
- Save money with bulk orders – you can order many passport photos and save.
Why choose us
Visas for Future is a convenient service that can help you with your passport photo needs. Here are six reasons why you should choose Visas for Future for your passport photo services:
- Expertise: Our experts ensure that your passport photo meets the official requirements of your destination country.
- Convenience: You can upload your own photo or take one with your smartphone, and we will crop, resize, and enhance it to create a perfect biometric photo.
- Support: We’re visa and passport photo experts. You can ask us travel questions, which will make your trip-planning process easier.
- Speed: Your photos are shipped within a day!
- Unlimited retakes: You can also take as many photos as you want until you are satisfied with the result.
Tips for Taking a Perfect Morocco Passport Photo using a Smartphone
Dimensions: Your first priority is ensuring the correct size. Capture your image at 35mm wide by 45mm tall, with your head occupying 35mm to 36.75mm from chin to crown.
Setting the Stage
- Background: Opt for a plain white or light grey wall or sheet, ensuring even lighting without shadows or patterns.
- Lighting: Utilize natural daylight near a window for even, flattering illumination. Avoid harsh overhead lights and camera flashes.
- Camera: Employ the rear camera on your smartphone for higher resolution and quality.
- Expression: Maintain a neutral, natural expression with your mouth closed and lips gently together. No smiling allowed!
- Eyes: Keep your eyes open and look directly at the camera lens.
- Attire: Choose clothing that contrasts the background (avoid white) and remove any hats or headwear (except for religious purposes). Glasses are permitted if they don’t create glare.
- Posture: Stand straight with your shoulders relaxed and facing the camera squarely.
Capturing the Image
- Distance: Stand at least 1 meter (3 feet) away from the camera to prevent facial distortion.
- Focus: Utilize the camera’s focus feature to ensure your face is sharp and clear.
- Multiple Takes: Don’t hesitate to capture several photos, allowing you to select the best one with optimal framing and expression.
- Clean Camera Lens: Ensure your phone’s lens is spotless for a crisp image.
- Tripod or Stand: Consider using a tripod for stability and consistent framing.
- Timer Function: Utilize the timer function to avoid accidentally shaking the camera while pressing the shutter button.
Capturing a passport photo alone may not meet the specific requirements set by the Moroccan government. To ensure that your photo meets the requirements, use Visas for Future’s passport photo service.
Morocco Passport photo for kids and babies
While the core requirements for passport photos remain the same for children and babies, here are some additional tips to ensure their photo meets all Moroccan regulations:
- Newborns: For infants unable to hold their heads up, gently lay them on their backs on a plain white or off-white sheet, ensuring no shadows fall on their face. Alternatively, use a car seat with a white cover.
- Toddlers and Young Children: If they can sit upright, have them sit on a chair with their backs straight against a plain white or off-white background.
- Newborns: Don’t worry if their eyes are closed. For older children, ensure their eyes are open and looking directly at the camera.
- Neutral Expression: No smiling allowed! Maintain a calm and natural expression.
- Minimize Distractions: Remove any toys or objects that might attract the child’s attention and disrupt the photo.
- Patience is Key: Be patient and take your time. Capture multiple shots to increase the chances of a clear and acceptable image.
- Parental Assistance: If necessary, you can hold the child’s head gently from behind, ensuring your hands are not visible in the photo. Wear clothes that contrast the background and avoid white.
- Size and Quality: Maintain the same size and quality requirements as adult photos (35mm x 45mm, 600 dpi minimum).
Correct and Incorrect Samples of Morocco Passport Photos
Steps to get a Morocco passport photo Online
Here’s the step-by-step process for obtaining your passport photo through Visas for Future.
Step 1: Visit Visas for Future.
Step 2: Click on “Get Passport Photo now“
Step 3: Fill out the order form by providing your name, email, country of residence, and what country you are applying to.
Step 4: Pay the application fee.
Step 5: Upload your photo.
Step 6: Receive your photo in 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What color shirt should I wear for my passport photo?
When choosing a shirt for your passport photo, prioritize contrasting the background, which is usually white or light grey.
Can I smile in a passport photo?
No, you cannot smile in a passport photo for Morocco. In fact, you need to maintain a neutral expression with your mouth closed and lips gently together. Any exaggerated expressions, including smiling, frowning, or squinting, are not allowed.
- Consulat. Ma. (2018). Consular Services. https://www.consulat.ma/en/ordinary-visas
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Gajes, Apple. "Morocco Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/morocco-passport-renewal-photo-size/. Accessed on 16 September 2023.
Gajes, Apple. "Morocco Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future. September 16, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/morocco-passport-renewal-photo-size/.