You must meet all the requirements for a Greek passport photo size to ensure the authorities accept your photo. This means you must take a new photo that meets all the requirements.
To take a great Greek passport photo, make sure to stand upright and look directly at the camera. Keep your eyes open and mouth closed, and avoid any facial expressions like smiling or frowning. Opt for plain, light-colored clothing and avoid wearing hats, sunglasses, or anything else that covers your face.
If you are still determining whether your photo adheres to all the specifications, the most effective and efficient approach is to verify it by Visas for Future. Our specialists will guarantee that your Greek passport photo satisfies all the criteria and rules for your application.
Here are the full rules for Greek passport photo size:
- Recency: The photograph must be recent and should not be older than six months.
- Dimensions: The photograph dimensions should be 40 mm x 60 mm without a frame.
- Paper Quality: It must be produced or printed on high-quality white photographic paper, avoiding watercolored or relief paper.
- Printing Standards: Photos must be high-resolution, devoid of dots (pixel-raster), or produced on inkjet or laser printers.
- Facial Dimensions: The person in the photo should adhere to the following dimensions:
- Face Length (DD): 31 mm to 35 mm (from the jaw to the top of the head).
- Face Width (CC): 20 mm to 25 mm (from one ear to the other at the connection point to the face).
- Distance from Lower Part to Eyes (BB): 30 mm to 39 mm (from the lower part of the photo to the imaginary line between the eyes).
- Image Clarity: The entire face, from jaw to forehead and from one ear to the other, should be clear. No shadings on the background or face and no sheens from reflected light.
- Exclusions: No other persons or objects, such as dolls or toys, should appear in the photo.
- Pose: The person must face the camera, have a neutral expression, and have a closed mouth.
- Eyes: The person must have open eyes (not wide open), visible clearly. Sunglasses and glasses with colored lenses are prohibited.
- Hair: Hair must not cover the eyes, eyebrows, or any part of the face.
- Glasses: If wearing glasses, there should be no reflections, and the frame must not cover the eyes or other facial characteristics. It’s recommended not to wear glasses to avoid issues.
- Head Cover: The person must not wear a head cover unless for religious reasons (e.g., kerchief), in which case the face characteristics from the jaw to the forehead and from one ear to the other must be visible.
- Health Exceptions: For health reasons, face characteristics can be covered, provided a medical certificate is submitted.
- Quantity of Photos: You need to provide two identical passport photos.
- Format: The photo must be in JPEG format.
Visas for Future Passport Photo Service
Our Visas for Future passport photo service ensures that your photo meets the strict guidelines set by the Canadian government. We provide reliable and affordable passport photo editing for individuals residing in Canada, the EU, the US, and the UK. If you live outside of these countries, we can send your passport photos to your inbox for you to print at home. Our service includes free shipping for physical photo prints. Simply send us a photo of yourself following our guidelines, and we’ll take care of the rest!
How it works
Take a photo.
We verify your photo.
Passport photos are delivered by post or email.
How to take your passport photo
Here’s how you can take passport photos at home to ensure that they’ll be high quality:
1.) Stand 5 meters or 2 feet from the wall. This ensures that there’s no shadow on your portrait.
2.) Place the camera 2 meters or 6 feet away from the subject. This will prevent distortion and give you a prettier picture!
3.) Have the camera on the same level as the subject’s face.
4.) Use plenty of lighting. Natural light is preferred, but plenty of light in general is the best. Make sure it is even and doesn’t leave a shadow.
Benefits of using an online passport photo service
There are many choices when it comes to getting a passport photo, but here are reasons why you should go with an online agent:
- You don’t have to leave your house.
- We know the passport photo rules of the country you’re applying to.
- We validate your photo – we check your passport photo to make sure it is in order.
- Save money with bulk orders – you can order many passport photos and save.
Why choose us
Visas for Future is a convenient service that can help you with your passport photo needs. Here are six reasons why you should choose Visas for Future for your passport photo services:
- Expertise: Our experts ensure that your passport photo meets the official requirements of your destination country.
- Convenience: You can upload your own photo or take one with your smartphone, and we will crop, resize, and enhance it to create a perfect biometric photo.
- Support: We’re visa and passport photo experts. You can ask us travel questions, which will make your trip-planning process easier.
- Speed: Your photos are shipped within a day!
- Unlimited retakes: You can also take as many photos as you want until you are satisfied with the result.
Accepted and unaccepted facial Expressions for Greek Passport Photos
Expressions that are not acceptable include:
- Closed eyes
- Eyes covered by hair
- Eyes partly covered by glasses frame
Expressions that are not recommended include:
- Smiling with teeth or the inside of the mouth visible
- Raised eyebrows
- Eyes not looking straight at the camera
Greek Passport photo for kids and babies
- Size: The photo must be 40mm x 60mm (without a frame).
- Recent: The photo must have been taken within the last six months.
- Quality: The photo must be high quality, printed on high-quality white photographic paper.
- Background: The background must be plain white, with no shadows or patterns.
- Positioning: The child should be facing the camera directly with a neutral expression and their mouth closed. Both eyes should be open (if possible for babies).
- Headwear: Headwear is only allowed for religious or medical reasons, and the entire face must be visible.
Consideration for Children under 12 Years Old and Infants:
- Photos of children under 12 years old and infants can be proportionally smaller than those required for adults.
- Recognition that facial features in children and babies are naturally smaller justifies this allowance.
- It’s okay if your baby’s eyes are not fully open in the photo.
Additional tips for babies:
- If your baby cannot hold their head up on their own, you can lay them on their back on a plain white sheet or blanket. Make sure there are no shadows on their face.
- You can also use a car seat and cover it with a plain white sheet.
Correct and Incorrect Samples of Greek Passport Photos
Here are the sample of correct and incorrect Greek Passport Photos.1
Steps to get a Greek passport photo Online
Here are the step-by-step process for obtaining your passport photo online through Visas for Future:
Step 1: Start by accessing the Visas for Future website and locate the “Get Passport Photo Now” button.
Step 2: Fill out the comprehensive order form with vital details, including your full name, email address, country of residence, and clearly specify the country for which you are applying.
Step 3: Proceed to the payment section and complete the necessary transaction to cover the application fee.
Step 4: Upload the required passport photo as per the provided specifications. Ensure the photo meets the required standards for a successful application
Step 5: Expect to receive your processed and finalized passport photo within 24 hours. Ensure that the received photo adheres to the necessary standards for official documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What color is a Greek passport?
A Greek passport is burgundy red.
What is the correct photo for a passport?
The photograph should be 40mm x 60mm without a frame and the person’s appearance must adhere to the following criteria: face length between 31mm and 35mm, face width between 20mm and 25mm, and distance to the eyes between 30mm and 39mm.
Can I wear a shirt in my passport photo?
Yes, you can wear a shirt in your passport photo. However, it is recommended to wear clothing that contrasts with the background so it is easier for the passport office to identify you.
- Supporting Documents. (21 January 2024). Technical Specifications of Passport Photograph. Passport.gov.gr, Retrieved February 22, 2024, <https://www.passport.gov.gr/en/diadikasia-ekdosis/documents/specificationphoto.html>
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Samortin, Jenilyn. "Greece Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/greek-passport-photo-size/. Accessed on 20 September 2023.
Samortin, Jenilyn. "Greece Passport Photo Guide." Visas For Future. September 20, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/greek-passport-photo-size/.