Ensuring your passport is up-to-date and meets the required specifications is essential. One crucial aspect often overlooked is the exact dimensions and specifications of the photos needed for a Cuban passport application. It can be a hassle to try and take the perfect passport photo on your own, which is why our passport photo service offers a convenient solution. You can ensure that your passport application will be accepted without any issues.
Here are the full rules for the Cuban passport photo:1
- Size: 2 inches by 2 inches (5cm x 5cm).
- Background: The photo must be in color, with a plain white.
- Recency: The photo must be taken within the last six months.
- Headgear: Headgear is not permitted unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons.
- Eyeglasses: Eyeglasses are not allowed unless they are required for medical reasons.
- Quantity Needed: Four (4) identical passport photos.
- Facial Expression: The applicant must face the camera with a neutral facial expression, and their entire face must be visible.
- Head Position: The applicant must be centered in the photo, without tilting or slouching.
- Photo Quality: The photo must be of high quality and resolution, with no blurring or pixelation.
Here are some additional tips for taking a Cuban passport photo:
- Wear plain clothing with a light color.
- Avoid wearing hats, sunglasses, or other accessories that may obscure your face.
- Ensure your hair is pulled back or styled in a way that does not obscure your face.
- Stand up straight and look directly at the camera.
- Relax your facial expression and avoid smiling.
Visas for Future Passport Photo Service
Use the Visas for Future passport photo service to get a passport photo that’ll work for your application. Send a picture of yourself using our guidelines, and we’ll edit it. We’ll send you your passport photos by post with free shipping. We deliver to Canada, the EU, the US, and the UK. For individuals outside of those countries, we can provide your passport photos to your inbox, which you can print at home. For every product sold, we plant a tree!
How it works
Take a photo.
We verify your photo.
Passport photos are delivered by post or email.
How to take your passport photo
Here’s how you can take passport photos at home to ensure that they’ll be high quality:
1.) Stand .5 meters or 2 feet from the wall. This ensures that there’s no shadow on your portrait.
2.) Place the camera 2 meters or 6 feet away from the subject. This will prevent distortion and give you a prettier picture!
3.) Have the camera on the same level as the subject’s face.
4.) Use plenty of lighting. Natural light is preferred, but plenty of light in general is the best. Make sure it is even and doesn’t leave a shadow.
Benefits of using an online passport photo service
There are many choices when it comes to getting a passport photo, but here are reasons why you should go with an online agent:
- You don’t have to leave your house.
- We know the passport photo rules of the country you’re applying to.
- We validate and check your passport photo to ensure it is in order.
- Save money with bulk orders – you can order many passport photos and save.
Why choose us
Visas for Future is a convenient service that can help you with your passport photo needs. Here are six reasons why you should choose Visas for Future for your passport photo services:
- Expertise: Our experts ensure that your passport photo meets the official requirements of your destination country.
- Convenience: You can upload your photo or take one with your smartphone, and we will crop, resize, and enhance it to create a perfect biometric photo.
- Support: We’re visa and passport photo experts. You can ask us travel questions, making your trip-planning process easier.
- Speed: Your photos are shipped within a day!
- Unlimited retakes: You can also take as many photos as you want until you are satisfied with the result.
Cuba passport photo aspect ratio
Cuban passport photos don’t technically have an aspect ratio because they require specific dimensions rather than a ratio. The dimensions needed for a Cuban passport photo are:
- Width: 5 centimeters (cm)
- Height: 5 centimeters (cm)
This translates to 2 inches wide and 2 inches high.
What is the acceptable head size for the photo frame for the Cuba passport photo?
The acceptable head size for the Cuban passport photo is between 32mm and 36mm from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head. This means your head should occupy around 60-70% of the total photo height.
Rules and Requirements for Baby Passport and Visa Photos
When taking a passport or visa photo for a baby, infant, or newborn, there are some specific rules and requirements to remember. Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Infants don’t need to have their eyes open.
- No one else should be in the photo – The baby should be the only person in the picture. No toys, pacifiers, or other objects should be visible in the photo.
- The baby’s face should be visible – The baby’s face should be centered and fully visible in the photo. No hats, headbands, or other head coverings should be worn.
- Use a plain background – The photo should be plain white with no patterns or shadows.
- Follow size requirements – The photo should be 2 x 2 inches (50 x 50 mm).
- Keep the baby’s head straight – The baby should face the camera directly, with no tilt to the side.
- Hold the baby’s head up – The baby’s head should be held up by someone else’s hand or by a unique device designed for this purpose.
Cuban passport photo Sample
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the new rules for Cuban passports?
Passports for individuals above 16 will now be valid for ten years instead of six. The passport will be valid for five years for minors due to the significant physical changes during this age. The requirement of a two-year extension for all passports issued before or after the implementation of this measure will be eliminated.
Do I need a photo of a Cuban visa?
No, you don’t necessarily need a separate photo for a Cuban visa.
Most people applying for a Cuban Tourist Card (the most common type of visa for tourists) do not need a separate photo. Your passport photo will typically be used for your passport and Tourist Card.
- Representaciones Diplomaticas De Cuba En El Exterior. (n.d). Retrieved February 23, 2024. <https://misiones.cubaminrex.cu/en/usa/consular-services>
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Diego, James Abel. "Cuba Passport Photo Size." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/cuban-passport-photo-size/. Accessed on 17 September 2023.
Diego, James Abel. "Cuba Passport Photo Size." Visas For Future. September 17, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/cuban-passport-photo-size/.