To ensure that your digital Chinese passport photo meets the necessary standards, you need to follow specific guidelines. The guidelines are as follows:
- Digital Photo Dimensions
- Horizontal Pixels: Between 354 and 420 pixels.
- Vertical Pixels: Between 472 and 560 pixels
- Format: Must be in JPEG format, with a file size between 40 KB – 120 KB.
- The Hong Kong Visa Application Photo should be between 50mm × 40mm and 55mm × 45mm.
- The Macau Visa Application Photo is required to be a 1.5-inch photo.
Follow these steps to acquire your digital passport photo through Visas for Future:
- Begin by visiting the Visas for Future website.
- Click on the “Get Passport Photo now” option.
- Complete the order form with your name, email, country of residence, and the destination country for your application.
- Proceed to pay the application fee.
- Upload your photo.
- Expect to receive your photo within seven days for printed photo services or within 24 hours for digital photo services.
Here’s the full rules and requirements for the Chinese passport photo:1
- Dimensions and format
- Size: To meet the required specifications, make sure that the dimensions of the digital photo fall within the range of 354 pixels (width) × 472 pixels (height) to 420 pixels (width) × 560 pixels (height).
- Image Compression: The photo must be in JPEG format, with a file size ranging from 40 KB to 120 KB.
- Head size: The head must be between 15mm and 22mm wide and between 28mm and 33mm high.
- Color: RGB 24-bit true color.
- Background: The background must be white or light blue.
- Sharpness: The photo must be clear and sharp.
- Clarity: The photo should be clear and free of any damage, red-eye, shadows, or over/under-exposure.
- Facial Requirements
- Expression: The expression must be neutral, with the eyes and mouth closed.
- Hair: The hair must be neatly combed and not cover the face.
- Glasses: Not allowed, unless medically necessary, with a doctor’s note.
- Headwear: No headwear is allowed, except for religious headwear.
- General Requirements
- Recency: The photo must be taken within the past six months.
- Quantity: You need to provide four identical passport photos.
Visas For Future Passport Photo Service
You can either capture your digital Chinese passport photo or have it taken by a professional photographer. You can also get your digital passport photo here at Visas for Future passport photo services, ensuring your picture meets all official requirements and saving you time and frustration. Just take a picture following our simple guidelines, send it to us, and we’ll handle the rest. Your edited passport photos will be mailed with free shipping to Canada, the EU, the US, and the UK. If you’re outside these regions, we’ll email your passport photos to print at home.
How it works
Take a photo.
We verify your photo.
Passport photos are delivered by post or email.
How to take your passport photo
Here’s how you can take passport photos at home to ensure that they’ll be high quality:
1.) Stand .5 meters or 2 feet from the wall. This ensures that there’s no shadow on your portrait.
2.) Place the camera 2 meters or 6 feet away from the subject. This will prevent distortion and give you a prettier picture!
3.) Have the camera on the same level as the subject’s face.
4.) Use plenty of lighting. Natural light is preferred but plenty of light in general is the best. Make sure it is even and doesn’t leave a shadow.
Benefits Of Using An Online Passport Photo Service
There are many choices when it comes to getting a passport photo, but here are reasons why you should go with an online agent:
- You don’t have to leave your house.
- We know the passport photo rules of the country you’re applying to.
- We validate your photo and check your passport photo to ensure it is in order.
- Save money with bulk orders – you can order many passport photos and save.
Why Choose Us
Visas for Future is a convenient service that can help you with your passport photo needs. Here are six reasons why you should choose Visas for Future for your passport photo services:
- Expertise: Our experts ensure that your passport photo meets the official requirements of your destination country.
- Convenience: You can upload your photo or take one with your smartphone, and we will crop, resize, and enhance it to create a perfect biometric photo.
- Support: We’re visa and passport photo experts. You can ask us travel questions, making your trip-planning process easier.
- Speed: Your photos are shipped within a day!
- Unlimited retakes: You can also take as many photos as you want until you are satisfied with the result.
Samples of digital and paper passport photos.
Here are the samples of digital and paper passport photos.1
Correct and Incorrect Chinese Digital Passport Photo
Here is a sample of correct and incorrect Chinese digital passport photos.1
What are the Guidelines for a digital Chinese passport photo for Kids and Infants?
China’s passport photo requirements for children include the following:
- Solo Appearance: Only the child intended for the passport should be present in the photo; no other individuals should be included.
- Positioning: For infants and toddlers who cannot support their heads, place them on their backs on a plain white or off-white sheet. Ensure the absence of shadows on their faces, particularly when capturing the photo from above. Alternatively, covering a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and positioning the child in the seat is an acceptable method.
- Unobstructed Visibility: The child’s face should be visible without any obstructions. For infants, it’s acceptable if their eyes are not fully open. However, all other children’s eyes must be open in the photo.
- Size and Quality: The size and quality requirements for passport photos of infants and children align with those applicable to adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take a digital passport photo?
Yes, you can take a digital passport photo as long as it meets all the requirements set by your country’s passport office.
What is the format of the photo for a Chinese passport?
The format for a Chinese passport photo can be digital or physical, depending on the application process.
Where can I print my Chinese visa photo?
You have several options for printing your Chinese visa photo based on your preference and resources: you can print it at home yourself, use online photo printing services, or visit a professional photo studio.
Can I take a passport photo with my smartphone?
Yes, you can definitely take a passport photo with your smartphone in many countries, but it’s important to ensure it meets all the specific requirements.
- Auckland China Consulate(n.d). Photo Requirements for Chinese Visa Application, auckland.china-consulate.gov.cn Retrieved February 6, 2024, <P020210524192603554625.pdf (china-consulate.gov.cn)>
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Diego, James Abel. "Digital Chinese Passport Photo." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/chinese-passport-photo-digital/. Accessed on 14 September 2023.
Diego, James Abel. "Digital Chinese Passport Photo." Visas For Future. September 14, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/chinese-passport-photo-digital/.