If you are a Filipino citizen who wants to renew your Canada visa, you have the following options:
- If you need to apply for a new visa, you can do so at the Visa office in Manila, Philippines. Keep in mind that the process and requirements are the same as applying for a new visa. Unfortunately, there is no procedure for renewing your visa. However, if you are already in Canada, you can extend your stay by applying for an extension.
- If you have previously held a Canadian visa in the last 10 years or are currently holding a valid United States non-immigrant visa, you may be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). You can easily apply for an ETA online.
- If you need more information or advice from people who have gone through the same process, you can visit the Canada Immigration Forum. There, you will find a wealth of knowledge and resources to help you with your visa application.
Renewal Process of Canadian Visa for Philippine Citizens:
- Gather all the required documents, forms, and requirements.
- Create a GCKey account, an online account that gives you access to the Government of Canada’s online services.
- Upload your documents and pay the visa and biometrics fees online through your GCKey account.
- Visit the Canada Visa Application Center in Manila, Philippines to submit your biometrics and pay the fees.
- Wait for updates on your application status via your GCKey account or email.
- If you receive a message asking you to do so, submit your passport to the Visa office in Manila, Philippines. You can do this in person or by mail.
Visas for Future offers a hassle-free ETA application for Filipinos like you. Just give us your information, pay the fee, and you just need to sit and wait for your approved Canada ETA in your mailbox. Apply with us and let us plant a tree together! Click here to start your application.
What We’re Offering
You need a Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) if you are traveling to Canada for tourism, business, or transit and you have a passport from a country that does not require a visa to enter Canada. We can help you get your Canada ETA by email within one business day. Our service provides a Canada ETA that allows you to visit Canada multiple times for up to 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.1
- 1 business day turnaround time.
Why choose us
Our visa forms are easy and simple.
We validate your application.
We answer your questions.
We plant a tree!
Requirements, Forms, and Documents Needed for Philippine Citizens to Renew their Canadian Visas
As a Philippine citizen, if you want to renew your Canadian visa, you will need to prepare the following requirements, forms, and documents:
- Completed Family Information Form.
- Completed IMM5257 Form.
- Valid passport that has at least six months of validity from the date of departure.
- Digital photo that meets the specifications of the visa office.
- Proof of purpose of travel such as an invitation letter, itinerary, hotel booking, or business documents.
- Proof of travel history, such as previous visas, stamps, or tickets.
- Proof of means of financial support such as bank statements, income tax returns, or employment documents.
- Proof of business registration if you are self-employed or own a business in the Philippines.
- Letter of explanation if you have any special circumstances or additional information to support your application.
- Visa fee and a biometrics fee which you can pay online or at the visa application center. If you want to apply for a new visa, you can do it online through the Government of Canada website, by mail, or in person at the Visa office in Manila, Philippines. You may also need to submit your biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Center after paying the fees.
Cost of Renewing Canadian Visa for Philippine Citizens
- Applying for a new temporary resident visa online costs C$100 for the visa fee and C$85 for the biometrics fee.
- Applying by mail or in person costs C$100 for the visa fee, C$85 for the biometrics fee, and C$39.82 for the service charge.
- Applying for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) online costs $46.70 for multiple entry to Canada.
- All fees are accurate as of January 2024 and may change over time.
How to Get 10 Years Canada Tourist Visa?
As a Philippine citizen, you cannot directly apply for a 10-year Canadian tourist visa. However, there are options available that can allow you to extend your stay in Canada for tourism purposes:
- Multiple-entry Visitor Visa: You can apply for a Canadian multiple-entry visitor visa, which is valid for up to 10 years. However, the initial stay granted upon entry will likely be shorter, usually 6 months or less.
- You can extend subsequent visits within Canada, potentially allowing you to spend up to the full 10 years in the country over multiple trips.
- To get a long-term visitor visa, you must have strong ties to your home country, sufficient funds to support your stay, and a genuine tourist purpose.
- Super Visa: If you’re a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can apply for a Super Visa, which is a multi-entry visa valid for up to 10 years.
- This visa allows you to stay in Canada for extended periods (up to 2 years at a time) to visit your family members. To qualify for a Super Visa, you must meet income requirements and demonstrate strong ties to your home country.
- Tourist Visa + Other Options: You can visit Canada on a regular tourist visa and explore other avenues for extended stays later on.
- For instance, you can consider volunteering, work-study programs, or student visas if you are eligible. You can also explore options like business visa sponsorship if you have business connections in Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I return to Canada with an expired visa?
No, you cannot return to Canada with an expired visa.
What happens if my Canadian visa expires?
If your Canadian visa expires, your legal authorization to stay in Canada ends. This can lead to serious consequences like being detained or removed from the country.
Can I renew my Canada visa before it expires?
It is advisable to renew your Canadian visa well in advance to avoid any complications or last-minute stress.
- Immigration, R. and C. C. (2015, November 17). Find out about Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Government of Canada. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html
Ask a question
If you still have a question about this topic after reading the article, let us know and we'll update the article. Include your email if you want us to reply to you.
Send fan mail
We love to hear from you! If our article helped you in anyway, let us know and we'll share it with the team on our Friday meetings.
Cite this article
Santos, Rosalie. "Canada Visa Renewal for Philippine Citizens [year." Visas For Future, https://www.visasforfuture.com/canada-visa-renewal-philippines/. Accessed on 23 October 2023.
Santos, Rosalie. "Canada Visa Renewal for Philippine Citizens [year." Visas For Future. October 23, 2023. https://www.visasforfuture.com/canada-visa-renewal-philippines/.